Education Scholarship Fund Application
The Garden Club of Honolulu provides grants to 501 C (3) organizations and scholarships to individuals for “educational purposes directly related to the mission of the Club.” The Mission of the Club is: “To conserve, protect and preserve our natural environment through learning, teaching the action.” Our activities include: “Gardening, Conservation/Environmental Protection, Horticulture, Floral Design, Nature Photography, and Civic Improvement.”
Our grants last year were made to:
- Windward Community College for student scholarships
- The Garden Club of Honolulu/Gail Atwater for development of a videotaped photography curriculum
- Waikiki Aquarium for the purchase of native plants given to local families at the annual Mauka to Makai celebration
- Lyon Arboretum to support Title I public school visits
- Manoa Heritage Center to underwrite the Hawaiian Cultural Practitioners in attendance at the weekly educational forum – Ma Ka Hana Ka Ike Saturdays
- Ikebana International, Honolulu Chapter 56 for materials for 4 ikebana classes with 240 students each at Mo’ilili Community Center
Applicants for TGCH Education Scholarship must complete and submit an application form either on-line at Educational Scholarship/Grant Application on-line or off-line by downloading the word document Educational Scholarship/Grant Application form. If you complete the off-line form you may email the application to Diane Hastert (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and to Elizabeth Lacy (email@example.com) or send by regular mail to Diane Hastert, 1010 Wilder Avenue, Apt, 1702, Honolulu, HI 95822.
All applications must be received by January 15, 2020.
For more information contact:
Phone: 808 258 2009